March 19, 2013 at 3:15 pm
- December 2010 – 2nd place in “Documentary” Category and 3rd place in the “Adrenaline” category in the Digital Camera Photographer of The Year 2010 competition. The competition attracted over 100,000 entries. LINK
- 17 November -15 December – a second photo trip to India, this time with three participants: with Jason Penner, Oli Kember and Sebastian Gabrysiak.
- November – “Cardiff After Dark” portfolio published on 16 pages in Afisha Mir Magazine in Russia.
- 30 September – one of the winners in the National Geographic Poland photo competition: LINK
- September – profiled in the “Street Photography Now” book published by Thames&Hudson in the UK and also in France and the USA: LINK
- 13 June – 5 July – first photo trip to India with one participant – Twan Rutten from the Netherlands.
- June – a 5-page feature about work on Cardiff nights in Amateur Photographer magazine: LINK
- June – awarded a PhD degree in Computer Science by the University of Glamorgan in Wales.
- June – an award in the BZWBK 2010 press photo competition in Poland. The third place in the singles in the “Civilisation” category: www.bzwbkpressfoto.pl and www.wyborcza.pl
- April – “Cardiff After Dark” is featured on the BBC Radio4 website: LINK
- January – opening of Third Floor Gallery in Cardiff.
From the press release: “Third Floor Gallery is run by photographers Joni Karanka and Maciej Dakowicz. Located in a period building a stone’s throw away from Cardiff’s bustling waterfront and the Millenium Centre, Third Floor Gallery shows the most exciting national and international contemporary photography.” The first show: “LoveUK” by Peter Dench.