My name is Maciej. It is pronounced “Maah-tzee-ey”. My nickname is Maciek, pronounced “Maah-tzeek” and that’s how people call me. If this is too difficult then just call me “Magic” – this is how most of my non-Polish friends call me. In English Maciej’s equivalent is Matthias.
• 7 March 2014 – back in Mumbai from South East Asia.
• 14 December 2013 – away in South East Asia visiting Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar.
• 10 July 2013 – left London and moved to Mumbai, India.
• 10 March 2013 – joined the international street photography collective In-Public: LINK.
• 19 – 28 April 2014 – ten days of travel and street photography in Kolkata and Varanasi.
• 28 July – 3 August 2014 – a week of street photography in Istanbul with In-Public photographers Maciej Dakowicz and David Solomons.
• 6 – 12 August 2014 – a week of street photography in Istanbul with In-Public photographers Maciej Dakowicz and David Solomons.
Maciej Dakowicz is a Polish travel, reportage and street photographer, traveller and gallerist currently based in Mumbai, India. He is one of the founders of Third Floor Gallery in Cardiff, a member of the Polish street photography collective Un-Posed and the international street photography collective In-Public. Maciej’s photos have been widely published and exhibited around the world, shown at photo festivals and he is a recipient of numerous awards. He was profiled among world’s leading street photographers in the “Street Photography Now” book published by the British publisher Thames & Hudson, who also published Maciej’s first monograph “Cardiff After Dark” in October 2012.